East Asian Medicine
East Asian Medicine, also known as Traditional Chinese Medicine, is a complete medical system that originated over 2,500 years ago. East Asian Medicine is a holistic approach that treats the whole person for a wide variety of medical conditions. It addresses the underlying cause of disease and not just the signs. The goal of East Asian Medicine is to bring the body into a healthy state of balance. It encompasses a variety of treatment methods including acupuncture, moxibustion, and herbal medicine.
East Asian Medicine can treat every individual and member of the family—from infants to teens and from young adults to seniors. Acupuncture has been recognized by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of conditions. Commonly treated diseases and conditions using acupuncture and East Asian Medicine include, but are not limited to:
- Disorders of the bones, muscles, joints and nerves such as muscle spasms, muscle pain, sprains, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, low back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, sciatica, headaches, migraines
- Respiratory disorders like cold, flu, asthma, allergies, rhinitis
- Gastro-intestinal disorders such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, peptic ulcers, gastritis, IBS, ulcerative colitis
- Gynecological disorders such as irregular menstruation, painful menstruation, amenorrhea, hormonal problems, menopause
- Circulatory disorders such as hypertension and hypotension
- Sleep and stress disorders
- Depression and anxiety
There are many more conditions that can be treated by acupuncture and East Asian Medicine. Please contact us to schedule a consultation to discuss your specific health condition.